Monday, February 16, 2015

Norristown, Ya Done Good

Today I have a guest blogger. Jim Gagliardi of King of Prussia posted this on Facebook Thursday night. He gave me permission to reproduce it here.

The next person who says anything bad about Norristown, doesn't know what they are talking about. My niece's car broke down on Main Street in Norristown tonight. She couldn't reach her mom because she was at choir practice where you can't get a cell signal so she called [my wife] Linda and I. Linda called AAA to start the process while I hopped in my car to go to my niece....

By the time I got into Norristown, a two guys driving a pickup and another guy in a car had stopped to help her. They tried to get it started by jumping it....I finished the call with AAA who dispatched a tow truck, so I thanked the gents for their effort and said it was okay for them to leave. They offered to push the car to the side of the road, but I decided against it because it would be in a place where it would be very hard to hook up the car.

I had my niece wait in my car to stay warm and I remained with her car in the middle of the street to wait for the tow truck. It took about 30 minutes for the truck to arrive. During that time four (4) guys stopped their cars and asked if I needed help such as a jump start. Two (2) other guys, one just walking by, asked if I wanted help to push the car to the side of the road. A woman stopped and told me where to find an auto shop. Seven (7) different people offered me some kind help in just 30 minutes! And that doesn't include the three guys who were there when I first arrived.

10 people, a mix of Caucasian, Afro American and Hispanic, young and not-so-young stopped on a freezing cold night to offer a perfect stranger a helping hand.

So the next time I hear someone putting down Norristown, I'll have a little story to tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment